Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Thaddeus L. Olczyk olczyk at interaccess.com
Sun Jul 9 23:12:29 EDT 2000

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000 05:10:50 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com>
wrote:

>> Virtually all SUN has to do is pull some of the demo programs out of
>> Microsofts manual. Write the equivalent code in python, perl, C++,
>> pascal, and a few other languages. Compare them side by side. A fairly
>> sophisticated person can see that it's resemblance to Java. Look at
>> the law judges are sophisticated enough. Given that Microshit is being
>> sued by SUN for their abuse of Java, I don't think it will be hard at
>> all for  SUN to convince a judge that all C# is, is a variant of Java
>> with tons of proprietary crap glued on and the label changed.
>
>And all Java is is a variant of the C++ language with the kitchen
>think glued on and the label changed. Hence the ridiculousness of
>the claim. Sun would be stupid to even try.

Nope. Microshit is stupid to even try to copy Jva. I hold up a page of
Java code and a page ofC++ and tell you which is which. Java is not a
variant of C++. Java is a very different variant of C . Otherwise it
would not be so popular. After all, if it were a C++ variant why would
people go to all the trouble to switch from C++.

C# OTOH is a clear rip off of Java. It is hard if not impossible to
take a C# program remove all "Microsoft Enhancements" ( meaning
all the features that tie it to COM ) and have it not look like a Java
program. I suggest that if you want to continue Astroturfing, you
learn something about programming language syntax.