Entry widgets

Frank Niessink frankn=nuws at cs.vu.nl
Wed Jul 5 02:50:41 EDT 2000

Elliot Smith <e.smith at cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,

> I've tried this question before, and got no answer at all, so I thought
> I'd give it another go as the situation is getting desperate! I can't
> find any reference to this anywhere.

> I've been having problems with Entry widgets in Tkinter, running
> under sunos5. For some reason, when I double click on them, Python
> closes the whole application and reports 'Bus error'. Any ideas? I've
> tried overriding the binding for double mouse clicks to no avail.

Well, after your first post I checked your problem with one Tkinter
application of my one, but I couldn't reproduce your problem. Maybe
you should try to track down the problem to the smallest program that
still has that behavior and then post the code...

Good luck, Frank
--
He learnt to communicate with birds and discovered that their conversation was
fantastically boring. It was all to do with wind speed, wing spans, power-to-