are there any tutorials that someone completly new to programming can understand?

Miki Tebeka mtebeka at intel.com
Thu Jul 20 02:19:15 EDT 2000

Hello Dan,

> well..im 17 and thought that i should start with a programming language, and
> after checking with some of my friends, they pointed me to python
>
> but, all the tutorials seem to be for those that have spent years in
> programming (mabey im just looking in the wrong places) but id really like
> to try my hand at this

Python is a good start when learning how to program.
Have a look at:
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/

You can find more links at:
http://www.python.org/sigs/edu-sig/

As a secnod (first?) choice I'd also recommend Scheme:
http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/Teaching/Lectures/Released/Book/
and I you can get a hold of the book "The little Schemer" it'll give you a
good start.

Bye.
Smile, damn it, smile.

(lambda (msg)
  (case msg
	((name)		"Miki Tebeka")
	((email)	"tebeka at lycosmail.com")
	((homepage)	"http://www.tebeka.freeservers.com")
	((quote)	"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.")))