win32com: How to use optional parameters?

Ilja Heitlager news at heitlager.com
Tue Jul 11 06:35:44 EDT 2000

Ok, call me lazy, but until now I was unable to use optional parameters in
COM calls.

For example I would like to Add a new sheet in Excel at the end of all other
sheets. In Visual Basic I would use something like

    xl.Worksheets.Add After:=xl.Worksheets.Count

Where the Add method accepts the following parameters

expression.Add(Before, After, Count, Type)
expression        Required. An expression that returns a Worksheets object.
Before               Optional Variant. An object that specifies the sheet
before which the new sheet is added.
After                   Optional Variant. An object that specifies the sheet
after which the new sheet is added.
Count                Optional Variant. The number of sheets to be added. The
default value is one.
Type                  Optional Variant. The sheet type.

Trying something like xl.Worksheets.Add(After=xl.Worksheets.Count) in python
doesn't work.

Please help, otherwise I need to use a MoveAfter method written in VB and
call this with Application.Run(...)

Regards,
Ilja Heitlager