The State of Python

Ben Caradoc-Davies bmcd at es.co.nz
Thu Jul 27 18:28:30 EDT 2000

On 27 Jul 2000 19:19:44 GMT, Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
>In article <200007270038.TAA03951 at cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com>,
>Guido van Rossum  <guido at beopen.com> wrote:
>>I've placed the slides of my talk at the O'Reilly Open Source
>>Convention on-line at our BeOpen PythonLabs website:
>>
>>    http://www.pythonlabs.com/talks.html
>
>It appears that the HTML version requires JavaScript.  That's a Bad Idea.

<rant tone=incensed peeve=inaccessibility>

This is one of the worst pieces of mangled HTML I've seen in some time. And
that takes some f***ing doing. What is even worse is that the numbers of the
slides are not even in sequence. Some information is recoverable from

  http://www.pythonlabs.com/talks/PythonState_files/outline.htm

but I detest having to hand-interpret JavaScript merely to read a bunch of
slides. In fact, I think you can read everything from the link given above.
Just ignore the links to the slides.

Guido, if you're reading this, I suggest that you turn off JavaScript and
check out

  http://www.pythonlabs.com/talks/PythonState.htm

You will be greeted by a blank page.

I think we all know precisely which application is responsible for generating
this monstrosity.

</rant>

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <bmcd at es.co.nz>