ASP Questions

gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 06:35:18 EDT 2000

Here are some outstanding problems I have with ASP files written in
Python.  Hopefully, some of you will have solutions.

I can't write to session or application variables.  In VBScript, this is
done like Session("key")="value".  In Python, for writing to a new key,
that translates to assignment to None.  I found some documentation for
fixing this in P*rlScr*pt, but still can't get it to work in Python.

Response.Redirect doesn't terminate execution of the script.  I'm getting
round this by throwing an exception, but is there a command that can do
the same job more cleanly?

I ran a script with an infinite loop once.  How should I have terminated
it (other than by proof reading my code better)?

I'm finding the, when Append-ing parameters to a stored procedure, the
parameter names are ignored.  Is this right?  This isn't a Python problem,
but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.

Right, that'll do.  Thank you for you time and any replies.

           Graham