FAQ maintenance with Python ...

Scott Witherell sw8t at node1.unix.Virginia.EDU
Thu Jul 20 13:20:10 EDT 2000

I'm setting up a web FAQ for my research lab and wanted to use Python.  I
quickly found the FaqWiz and used that (with a couple minor modifcations).
And it's great - except that it seems quite difficult to reorder the FAQ
entries after they've been entered.  Everybody in the lab is just gonna
throw stuff on this FAQ and I'm sure that a month or two down the road
we'll have a much better idea of how we would like the FAQ organized.  So
it seems likely that I'll want to do some fairly drastic reordering (both
within category and across).

Has anyone else run into this problem?  If so how did you solve it?  The
FaqWizard uses RCS to track changes - a tool I've never used before.  In
my mind (before I found FaqWiz) I had just imagined a simple flat file
containing position, question, and answer for each entry.  I'm not the
world's greatest coder, so I was happy to find FaqWiz.  But, I'm just not
sure if it will save time in the long run.

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks,

scott