Can't get pythondoc to work

Ray Drew NOSPAM_rdrew at cia-group.com
Tue Jul 4 17:46:55 EDT 2000

I can't get pythondoc to work. I've got pythondoc, pythondoc\formatters and
pythondoc\xref in the pythonpath. When I try to run it on the test.py file I
get a couple of module not found errors, even though they appear to be in
the python path (I can import them interactively in PythonWin). When I try
to run python pdoc.py test.py I get this traceback:

D:\bin\cpython\Lib\pythondoc>python pdoc.py test.py
Warning: Failed to import internalXref (exceptions.ImportError: No module
named
docobjects)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "pdoc.py", line 2, in ?
    import pythondoc.pythondoc
  File "pythondoc.py", line 81, in ?
    formatters.init(_options)
  File "formatters\__init__.py", line 4, in init
    init(__path__, options)
  File "formatters\format_init.py", line 25, in init
    import pythondoc.message
ImportError: No module named message

The pythonpath is:

D:\bin\cpython\Lib\pythondoc>echo %pythonpath%
d:\bin\cpython\lib;d:\bin\cpython\lib\Numeric;d:\bin\cpython\lib\htmldoc;d:\
bin\
cpython\lib\pythondoc;d:\bin\cpython\lib\pythondoc\formatters;d:\bin\cpython
\lib
\pythondoc\xref

Python 1.5.2 on Windows 98

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?