Sound module question

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter at schneider-kamp.de
Wed Jul 12 07:51:31 EDT 2000

Aaron Berg wrote:

> I have already tried that. I need to record sound in a time sensitive
> eviroment. I will most likely need to write my own sound module which I really
>
> don't want to do...because I don't know where to start with that either. I
> have this really simple program called sound-recorder that has simple read and
>
> write but in order to stop a recording the person needs to do ^c (ctrl + c)
> how would I start that program in a thread and be able to stop it at a certain
>
> point using ctrl + c? A sound module for python would probably be the best
> solution still.

If you have the sources for that simple program it should not be hard to
write a Python module on top of that. (note: should, maybe it's hard
though).

If you can tell me where to find the sources, I'll take a look.

Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de