POOP / Python (Object Oriented Persistence) ?

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 11:58:52 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > In todays emphasis on shared services over the
> > net, a lot of this begins to sound remarkably prescient.
>
> Definitely! When did this research take place?

Ooh - I left Glasgow (where I *wasn't* working in Computing Science!) about
3 years ago now, and it had been going on for at least 3 years before that.
The person I knew who used to make it all sound like it mattered (he used to
work with the same company I work for) is/was Peter Dickman, and his
homepage at http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~pd/ may be a sensible starting point
(and the PJama homepage from the other end, of course).

> > But I *know* I don't understand the field, so I'll shut up straight away
> > about it...
>
> I don't understand the field either, so let's babble on. Perhaps we'll
> learn something. :)

Unfortunately, all I need is *another* thing to learn about on my backburner
(but, damn, it just got added - time to do some reading I guess...)

> This article by Andrew Kuchling may be interesting, if you're
> just interested in the ZODB and ZEO by itself:

> http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/python/writing/zodb-zeo.html

Right - if I can get damned IE to do it, I'll print that off and add it to
the other couple of ZODB/etc papers I'd found to take home.

Tibs

(the signature? well, it's related to the reason I started the mxTextTools
metalanguage thingy, which then relates to why I might be interested in
ZODB, and Zope, and also to a biliography I never finished, and ...)
--
BikeCode0.2	http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/bikecode.html
  P: [Tibs] Tc B10 K:++ i29:30" h1.65m n1960 H+:~ v~ A+ M+ Rg-