using threading module

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Jul 15 00:15:45 EDT 2000

In article <396fd7fe.4877753 at news.prodigy.net>,
Victor Muslin <victor at prodigy.net> wrote:

>Ok, that worked. What gives? The documentation does not make this clear.

The documentation specifically says "tuple".  What makes a chunk of data
a tuple is not the parentheses (which are used for grouping), but the
comma.  This is a tuple:

'foo',

This is not a tuple:

('foo')

In any event, I think you'll probably find life with threads easier if
you subclass Thread rather than passing in a function.  This becomes
particularly important when you want to associate data with each thread.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Let's go home and turn on MTV.  I want to watch some Pop-Up Videos."
"Pop-Up Videos is not on MTV, it's on VH-1."
"'MTV' is a generic."