best apache+python module?

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 02:51:43 EDT 2000

Sam Penrose wrote:

> After having a Bad Experience with [PyApache]
> I must ask why they are so popular. My company writes
> pure-Python sites whose CGIs handle tens of thousands of hits a day on
> unremarkable Intel hardware running vanilla Linux.

I agree; plain CGI should always be the starting point, and solutions that
rely on silliness like linking Python into Apache are probably asking for
trouble.

But *if* someone wanted to do such 'hyper-CGI', PCGI seems to be the big hitter.
Not tried it personally, but since Zope + PCGI is a standard pairing, PCGI
presumably has some merit.

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell,  Technical Director, Inkontact
Get in touch at http://www.inkontact.com/