zip() : how about braid()

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Thu Jul 20 06:20:41 EDT 2000

"Jürgen Hermann" <jhe at webde-ag.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8l6cbp$fgr$1 at pollux.ip-plus.net...> merge() is the best yet, since it's
a common (programming) term with a
> well-defined meaning. Don't forget EnglishAsA2nd speakers, which won't
know
> what "braid" is all about, but are likely to know merge.

Ah come on. As soon as some important american programming language
has a keyword "parrot", people around the globe will learn that term as
well.
(When i used VMS i used to know what "purge" is.)

What's the silliest keyword you ever encountered in a programming language?
I vote for "rof". (short for Rolling-On-Floor, i think in ALGOL68.)
--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de
dheise at debitel.net