my difficulty with Python was: IDLE window closes

Rodney Loisel rloisel at helicon.net
Sun Jul 23 20:50:27 EDT 2000

The _Tkinter.pyd is already in the python\dll
import Tkiner returns something like "if import Tkinter fails the Python may
not be configured
for Tk
DLL load failed...
So why wouldn't Python 1.5.2 be configured for Tk if it seems to depend on
it for
most activities. I got the distribution from the Python web page and used
the install
program. All I can do is ' run Python'  or use the start menu icon  and get
the generic
window with the >>> prompt. Not very useful.
rloisel