Toplevel "test()" functions in standard library

Rob W. W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Wed Jul 19 06:00:37 EDT 2000

 >> Going one step further: Should all of these "test()" and "_test()"
 >> routines be in the code library at all, even now that we have a
 >> complete test engine?

 MZ> Yes! This is a preliminary test, which should be available to
 MZ> every user of the library. If you're optimizing the few KB it
 MZ> takes, then you're not using Python correctly.

If that is the common opinion or the opinion of our Ruler, I will
subtract my proposal, and submit a bug report that those test()
routines are undocumented.

As a reply to your last sentence I can add that my own programs can
use up to 200MB of memory during normal use, or much more if you
really stress them.

Rob

--
=====   rob at hooft.net          http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/  =====