searching for multiple strings in one pass

ghost_man at my-deja.com ghost_man at my-deja.com
Thu Jul 20 13:36:41 EDT 2000

I am stuck on a problem here where I am using python to grab a large
amount of info from a database.  I am then using python to pass command
line parameters to some program based on file names.  I only want to
run on certain file types such as files ending with .hpp or .cpp or
whatever.  The problem is how can I do searches for multiple file types
in one pass rather than having to run through the entire list several
times?  Here is a sample of how I am doing it now....

hpp = string.find(newline,".hpp")
	if hpp > 0:
		k = (creating argumenthere)
		os.system (k)

How do I check for several file types in one pass?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.