Memory leaks

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sat Jul 15 13:58:40 EDT 2000

ioadler at my-deja.com wrote in <8klffg$ql5$1 at nnrp2.deja.com>:

>In article <8F6667253gmcmhypernetcom at 199.171.54.154>,
>  gmcm at hypernet.com (Gordon McMillan) wrote:
>> Ingo Adler wrote:
>>
>> [strange leaks in SWIG'd code]
[snip]
>> Doing things in the "obvious" way from your (snipped) incomplete code,
>> I get no leak when using MSVC 5.

>Finally, I reproduced the leaks under the control of "Code Guard", which
>can list them.

[snip trace and code snippets]

Not only did my experiment not leak, but I can't match up your SWIG
snippets with anything in my SWIG generated code. I'm running SWIG1.1p5 (as
of a few weeks ago, the latest stable release).

So maybe you're running a buggy SWIG. Or maybe I could ship you what I
tried, and you can look for differences. I can't debug from your
description (nor have I the time to do so), but I can assure you that what
you're trying to do doesn't have to leak.

- Gordon