tabs do WHAT?

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Thu Jan 27 11:41:43 EST 2000

"Thomas Hamelryck" <thamelry at vub.ac.be> wrote in message
news:86pcii$600$1 at mach.vub.ac.be...
> So python is missing a lot
> of potential momentum beacuse of the indentation stuff.

Exactly. This is why C++ flew and why other [insert favourite language that
never achieved widespread use] never did live up to the initial ballyhoo.
Programmers have a low tolerance for linguistic weirdness.  Of course that
theory totally fails to explain Perl, which is the biggest exception to the
rule I'm making here.   Heck, C++ is weird too. I'm just used to the
weirdness, and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Perhaps "to each his own" is all that can be said.  I seem to have kicked
off a very nice round of debate on this whole topic, though, so I'm quite
pleased with myself! ;-)

Warren