Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Glen Starchman glen at electricorb.com
Sun Feb 13 07:57:46 EST 2000

off topic but mildly amusing. A couple of years ago I was working in Tokyo
with a team of Japanese developers. I had gotten used to the Japanese
pronunciation of 'c' (she), so when one of the developers told me I needed
to call his function "she" when I was finished with his object I promptly
wrote c(). Unfortunately, the function name was "shi" (or "death") because
it was a garbage collection routine.

;-)