small python implementation or python subset ?

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Wed Feb 9 10:52:54 EST 2000

<mailed and posted, but after mailing I had another thought, so this post is
different! ;-) >

On Windows, Python15.dll contains everything you need to embed Python in
another C program, and that DLL on on my system is quite small enough
already, 558K. Why not statically link the equivalent of that to your
program?  The Python.exe on my system appears to merely call Python15.dll,
and is 5k in size.

On Unix, I am not sure why it would be larger. Hmm.

Warren