ANNOUNCE: soundex.py

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Wed Dec 20 16:02:12 EST 2000

[posted & mailed]

[Bjorn Pettersen]
> Thanks Skip!  I was actually using the soundex module in one of my less
> frequently used apps so I hadn't realized that it was gone yet :-)
>
> Could I get you to put an explicit licence on it (it would be
> much more usable to me if it had a licence and if the licence wasn't
> GPL <wink>).

Note too that Sean True wrote a Python implementation of the
more-sophisticated NYSIIS algorithm, available at

    http://metagram.webreply.com/downloads/

(it's linked to from Parnassus if you forget that).  It's not encumbered.

Whatever stuff of mine Skip reused was released to the public domain.

if-soundex-is-the-answer-the-question-was-ill-advised<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim