How does Python compare to ?

Adam Ruth aruth at intercation.com
Tue Aug 1 10:13:58 EDT 2000

I do all of my web stuff in CGI and I have excellent performance.  I'm just
using FastCGI which allows you to code the simple and easy and portable CGI
way, but then deploy it using FastCGI which completely eliminates the Python
startup cost.  On a low-end machine I can withstand over 100 hits per second
and this is some heavy database stuff (using PostgreSQL).  With tuning and a
better machine I could easly get a lot more.

www.fastcgi.com

--
Adam Ruth
InterCation, Inc.

news:Pine.GSO.4.10.10007311048410.10092-100000 at sundial...