Fnorb implementation of POA : when expected ?

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Tue Aug 29 08:17:50 EDT 2000

(I sent this CC to python-list, perchance there is more chance that someone working on Fnorb also follows this list)

Since the Fnorb web-site does not convey that much information about the development, I like to ask here if
there is anybody who knows maybe (approximately) when the POA implementation of Fnorb will be ready.

I suspect that the main reason for changing the BOA to POA, is the fact that under the BOA, one needs to create
a new implementation for every new object created.

For the rest, I like Python very much and together with Fnorb, I have the opportunity to test and learn CORBA
interactively. I am working towards a system for home which will use postgreSQL, pySQL, a web server,
python CGI scripts and CORBA (using Python and Fnorb) to build a library database system. It's nice
when one does have the opportunity to use the same, flexible and powerful language on every level of this
development (can't say at the moment if Python can be used to create postgreSQL stored procedures, that would
be equally nice).

MHO about some new operators :
Today I found myself writing something like this :

ObjectFactoryImpl.ObjCnt = ObjectFactoryImpl.ObjCnt + 1

(Incrementing a static class member by one)

So, adding operators like +=, ++, etc, seems to me an improvement

Regards,

Jurgen