help explaining rationale for indentation

lynx a at b.c
Tue Aug 22 19:17:00 EDT 2000

Aron Insinga <ainsinga at infomation.com>, in
<4.2.2.20000822154442.00bb2610 at pop.enterprise-services.com>:

> *sigh*  A couple of my coworkers think it is hard to read Python code
> since there's no '}' at the end of a compound statement.

personally, i'd agree with them, but since this is a matter purely of
taste i wouldn't debate the issue with anybody. _i_ have trouble
following indentation alone to determine where blocks begin and end,
especially when the beginning scrolls off the top of the screen, but
i'm not everybody, so that doesn't count against the language for
anybody but me.

i also get annoyed because i can't hit % in vi to jump from one end
of a block to the other; this severely cramps my editing style, and
don't anybody even dare to suggest emacs. but again, that's just me.