Still no new license -- but draft text available

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Tue Aug 8 17:06:26 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

> Screw *all* that hifaultin stuff -- I used Microsoft Bookshelf.  That's the
> definitive reference of the future, as your grandchildren will never know
> any other dictionary ever existed <0.9 wink>.

That Microsoft stuff is OK for now, but I really think the wave of the
future is Open Source.  In fact, in dictionaries, I don't use anything
_but_ Open Source: I open my "Webster's", and it's the source of
everything I need to know about words.

(but-if-the-websters'-legal-lexicographers-suddenly-change-the
   -license-terms-of-the-tome*-i've-used-for-all-these-years,-i'll
   -have-no-choice-but-to-call-them-'dict'-heads-<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2
*30 cents

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com