Linbot

marduk marduk at python.net
Thu Aug 31 19:41:45 EDT 2000

I have been forced to refrain from using the name "Linbot" from anything
I'm associated with.  This was a result of a Cease and Desist from
www.watchfire.com .  Their claim is that Linbot infringed upon their
(pending) trademark on Linkbot.  As a "quick fix" I took down the web site
and renamed the mailing list.

I haven't decided yet what to do from there.  As I haven't worked on
Linbot in a while and haven't had time to.  My primary concern right now
is to make sure I don't get sued.  I guess I could re-release Linbot under
a different name, but my fear is that a new wave of email will come in
requesting bug fixes and new features and I cannot promise those at this
time.

An announcement will be made as to the future of the Software Formerly
Known as Linbot.  The truth is I like to continue to develop it and I have
a lot of cool ideas for it, but lately it hasn't been on my list of
priorities.  The trademark thing kind of took me by surprise.  The
software has had that name for almost three years and it just so happens
to be near dead when I get slammed with a Cease and Desist.

--marduk