postgreSQL and Python

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Aug 24 22:52:22 EDT 2000

Drew Fisher <drew at level3.net> wrote:
> Greetings,

> I'm fairly new at adding extensions to Python so I thought I could maybe
> come here and get some help.

> I am trying to install the PyGres95 module so I can access my postgreSQL
> database, and either I don't understand the install instructions, or
> I don't have a good grasp of Python's file structure.

[snip]

Are you sure PyGres95 is the right module? PostgresSQL used to be called
Postgres95 way back, so perhaps this module is for an earlier version of
Postgres? There appear to be (parnassus being my friend) *three* modules
out there for the current version of PostgresSQL:

http://druid.net/pygresql/

http://www.mixadlive.com/siti_web/mixadlive/software/postgresql

http://starship.python.net/crew/cjr/

Perhaps you'll have better luck with (one of) these.

Regards,

Martijn