DCoracle - compile WinNT

Philippe Bonnefoy Cudraz tressolmi at caramail.com
Fri Aug 4 06:48:08 EDT 2000

Hi Alexander

Many thanks for your response. Yes, it's working for me too !

But I wan't to go a little far.... (I apologize ;-)
As I've got oracle8i, I tried to link oci_.o with my own oci.lib. I renamed
it to liboci.a, put it in the directory (with libpython.a) where I unload
your files and tried this :
dllwrap --dllname oci_.pyd --driver-name gcc --def oci_.def -o oci_.pyd
oci_.o -s --entry _DllMain at 12 --target=i386-mingw32 -L. -lpython15 -loci
There are many warning from oci like this
ld: .\liboci.a(OCI.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.text'
ld: .\liboci.a(OCI.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.idata$5'
ld: .\liboci.a(OCI.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.text'
ld: .\liboci.a(OCI.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.idata$5'
(and so on)
but I obtain an oci_.pyd. A bad oci_pyd should I say, cause I can't import
it from python, resulting an error message :
"the entry point of procedure | can't be found in OCI.dll" (traduction from
french :-)
Have you got any idea ?

Regards

Alexander V. Voinov <avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru> a Êcrit dans le message :
3989F09C.D2702E3C at quasar.ipa.nw.ru...
> Hi
>
> Philippe Bonnefoy Cudraz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I nearly managed compiled DCoracle with winNT4/oracle8i and cygnus
> > gcc/make/....
> > Just got this message when building oci_.dll
> >
> > gcc -shared

oci_.o -L/cygdrive/d/python/pcbuild -lpython15 -L/cygdrive/d/oracle/ora81/oc
> > i/lib/msvc -loci -o oci_.dll
> > Cannot export OCI_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> You may take a look at the stuff here:

ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/avv/DCOracle/dcoracle-mingw32-wrk.tar.gz,