Python 2.1 and Stackless

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Wed Aug 16 01:51:14 EDT 2000

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

> I'm not out to waste Christian's time with wasted
> motion.  My only point is that its current absence
> from the core is only a modest impediment to Stack-
> less's diffusion.  Its viability is already almost
> as great as it will be once it's in the core, because
> it's a technology that'll be desired and supported
> for a long time, whatever the details of its canoni-
> zation.

I don't think that's true.

No matter how desirable a non-standard patch to Python, I could not
use it (given my current wirking conditions). In my case, it's just
lack of time to tinker (and tinker again and again, ...).

In (too many) other cases it might be company policy.

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36