gratuitous new features in 2.0

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Aug 26 16:56:09 EDT 2000

[Keith Ray]
> All these books just coming out (and which I just bought) describe
> Python 1.5.x.... how soon will they become obsolete?

Can't guess:  which books did you buy, and for what purpose(s)?  Whatever
you learn from them will continue to work for many years to come.  If you
bought the books *just* to describe Python's syntax, though, you probably
wasted your money:  Python comes with plenty of docs describing that, and
for free.  Even so, adding new forms of syntax doesn't make old forms stop
working, so that stuff will also continue to apply.  There are no radical
changes here.

if-you-really-want-to-waste-money-buy-java-books<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim