[6th Draft] Open Letter to CNRI: Request for clarification

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder at nowonder.de
Tue Aug 1 13:55:27 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

> It would be highly imprudent of me to either encourage or discourage writing
> letters to CNRI -- although I really, *really* can't refrain from saying how
> much I enjoyed Peter Schneider-Kamp's first draft.  Imprudent or not, I
> laughed my ass off (which you would agree is a major accomplishent, had you
> ever seen my ass <wink>).  Thank you, P S-K!

Assuming the one obvious interpretation of your statement about your ass,
I am grateful I haven't<wink>.

> Speaking purely as a private individual, if you were me, you would most want
> to ask specific questions about your specific situation in order to get
> specific guidance.  General questions generally lead to general answers that
> are still in need of major guesswork to address your real concerns.  For
> example,

I'll try it anyway. I am a naively optimistic nihilist, btw.

As I am going to travel through mountains, valleys and fjords
for the next few days, I'll mail it now rather than later.

> speaking-for-me-and-only-me-and-even-then-only-maybe-
>    and-for-all-you-or-even-i-know-somebody-else-merely-
>    claiming-to-be-me-may-have-written-this-and-the-more-
>    i-think-about-it-the-more-likely-that-seems-since-i-
>    really-prefer-short-and-preferably-pithy-signoffs-
>    not-to-mention-that-i-never-leave-"ly"-on-its-own-
>    ly y'rs  - tim

Does someone make a collection of these? Must be one
of the longest I've seen.

short-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de