Database editor?

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Thu Aug 10 10:52:32 EDT 2000

Thanks for your answers, everybody...

I was hoping to avoid writing ANY code to use this theoretical editor that
would access Python DB-API compliant databases...  I'm currently in the
process of tweaking a little VB database app I wrote to be a little more
generic and do what I want it to do, but that means I'll also need to write
an ADO/Access -> Gadfly converter...

I searched Google for "StarOffice windows" and got
 http://www-ccar.colorado.edu/support/download/Windows/StarOffice/ ] which
seems to be the best result of the search...  Now maybe I can install and
learn to use StarOffice in half an hour and get it to do what I want it to??
: )

Olivier A. Dagenais - Carleton University - Computer Science III

"Hank Fay" wrote:
> Apex (www.componentone.com) has the TrueGrid ActiveX control, which allows
> editing; ProtoView (www.protoview.com) has a Java Applet that does much
the
> same, I think.  You have to supply the add/delete functionality.  The
> ProtoView control binds to a variety of datasources, including an xml
> stream.
>
> Hank
>
> --
> http://www.prosysplus.com
> "Olivier Dagenais" wrote in message
> news:H55k5.118449$1h3.1886797 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> > Is there any software out there that allows you to use a grid data entry
> > mechanism for adding/modifying/deleting data from a DB-API -based
> database?
> > Sort of what Microsoft's VisData does with Access (and other) databases
or
> > like Microsoft's Orca does with MSI databases.  (I think Microsoft
Access
> is
> > a fancy version of this, too...)
> >
> > So, anyway, I'm looking for a nice little generic GUI for entering
string
> > data in a grid, instead of writing lines and lines of SQL statements
that
> > rebuild the database on every change.  It would be so cool if it was
> > DB-API -based, so that it didn't matter what format the database was, or
> how
> > it worked.  I don't need a fancy query or table builder or anything like
> > that.  Oh, and it has to run on Windows, because that's all I have...
:-/