Still no new license -- but draft text available

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Mon Aug 14 14:13:34 EDT 2000

In article <8n8tmu$72n$1 at slb7.atl.mindspring.net>, aahz at netcom.com says...

>It occurs to me on second thought that the proper reaction to that
>trojan horse license would be to require *all* software used in Big
>Corporation to have its license vetted by the in-house lawyers (with
>certain limitations so the lawyers aren't overwhelmed).

Motion sustained, Counselor.

But since lawyers are trained to advocate the interest of their client (in this
case, themselves) without concern for any larger interest, the limitation would
be that one could buy from only a single software vendor.

(and-nobody-ever-got-fired-for-buying-IBM--er,-i-mean-"microsoft")
   -<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com