Weird Error

dwassena at julian.uwo.ca dwassena at julian.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 29 17:09:43 EDT 2000

In article <etdpumrg72j.fsf at hodge-podge.mit.edu>,
  Alex <cut_me_out at hotmail.com> wrote:

> That code gives me an AttributeError during the initialization.  I
have
> to comment out the call to the _readLogLevel method.  Then it runs
> fine.  Do you have a version that gives the error you mentioned?
>
> Alex.

Aaah. something I had not considered. Perhaps I should rearrange things
slightly so that the call is not made in __init__ but elsewhere.  I was
not aware of any possible restrictions that might occur inside init.
Of course I did not include that function in the code given which may
explain alot.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'do you have a version that
gives the error'?  Do you mean the script that was running it?  I will
provide that below... slightly snipped for sizing.

#start code snippet
# AUTHOR: Daniel Wassenaar, UpCast Inc.
# DATE  : 8/28/00
#
# COMMENT: run tasks if any there

import sys
import os
import time

if os.name == 'nt':
	sys.path.append(os.path.join('d:','qp','admin','lib'))

from qconfig import Qconfig

####################################
#
# Constants

MAXMIN = 59 #see time library
MAXHOUR = 23

#
####################################

qconf = Qconfig()
qpath = qconf.getQPath()
indir = os.path.join(qpath, 'admin','in')
#check in for msgs
files = os.listdir(indir)

#end code snippet
--
"Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster
at your side kid." - Han Solo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.