python 2 ?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Aug 25 06:58:06 EDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 11:48:58AM +0200, Richard RISPOLI wrote:

> Is python 2 beta for real ?

Definately.

> Is there any site where we can have more info, participate or anything
> about it ?

Of course. Python development is almost completely open: subscription to
python-dev remains limited, but you can browse the archives at
http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/. All other parts of development
are available to everyone: the CVS tree, the patches uploaded to the patch
manager, the PEPs (Python Enhancement Proposals), etc.

Check out Python's Sourceforge Project page, which has all the information
you need on checking out the CVS tree, and all the patches that are supposed
to go in before 2.0 (possibly after some rewriting.)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/python/

Also see the Python-at-Sourceforge homepage, which has HTML versions of all
PEPs:

http://python.sourceforge.net/

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>