JPython question

Robert W. Bill rbill at digisprings.com
Wed Aug 30 16:21:46 EDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Stuart Ford wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm playing around with JPython now with the intention of using it to rapidly create Java Servlets.
>
> I have installed JPython, but can't get any of the examples to run properly on my machine.
>
> The interpreter can't seem to find the java package referenced in most standard examples,
> does anyone know why they weren't loaded during the install, and how I might get them
> loaded properly?

Without an error message to go buy I can only guess, but:
1. you're classpath is not properly set *or* 2. you have
not pointed to the python lib.

1. The classpath should include jpython.jar and any java
classes you need to import.
2. The libs can be added by downloading them from the JPython
site <http://www.jpython.org/pylib152e.jar>, *or* pointing to
your existing CPython libs by adding the path to the registry
file in your jpython directory (ie- python.path =
c:\\pathtomyCPython\\lib).