Stripping new lines from strings?

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder at nowonder.de
Thu Aug 24 12:07:36 EDT 2000

Simon Brunning wrote:

> Yup, that'll do it. It would still be nice if string.strip had an optional
> 2nd argument, though. Given that string.split has an analogous (S?) 2nd
> argument, it would seem reasonable. Doesn't sound like a complex change,
> either.
>
> 2.1 perhaps? How would I go about making a suggestion that this be included?

Three ways:

1) Implement it and load up a patch to the Source Forge
   Patch Manager: http://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=5470

2) Make up a detailed description of the desired change
   and explain motivation in a mail to python-dev at python.org

3) Make up a description as in 2) and send it to me.

I'd prefer 1). 2) stands the chance of being ignored in the
current rush of getting 1.6 final and 2.0b1 out. 3) stands
the chance of being ignored by me <0.99 wink>.

Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de