Python+StarOffice, anyone? (was Re: Database editor?)

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Thu Aug 10 12:13:27 EDT 2000

"Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> wrote in message
news:8mui3u$7a21j$1 at ID-11957.news.cis.dfn.de...
> Alex,
>
> Looks like there are lots of ways to talk to it, see
> http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/5.2/comparison/prog.html
> to get started.  I downloaded 5.2 (90+Mb), as I looked at
> 5.1 in Oct 99 and wasn't satisfied.  If it works out this time,
> I'll snag a copy of the SDK.  Hopefully there'll be documentation
> this time, although the newsgroup was helpful.

Hmmm -- looks like the choices for a cross-platform
Python-StarOffice automation are, either Corba, or
a Python module built on their C-API -- more work, but
probably a more satisfactory end-result.  Still, one could
start playing with the Corba interfaces and see where
one gets that way.

Alex