gratuitous new features in 2.0

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Aug 26 01:23:13 EDT 2000

[BTW, please attribute quotes correctly.  Makes keeping track of things
easier.]

In article <FODp5.11949$Xg.114697 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Neil Hodgson <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote:
> attribution for Aahz restored:
>>
>> I'm going to repeat myself, just in case you didn't see my earlier post:
>>
>> There's something simple and magical about just doing

>> 2
>
>   But surely that is not what you write? I, and even most beginners would
>say:

>2
>
>   The interactive interpreter is rightfully a special case.

Yes, but as soon as a person wants to write a "real" program, zie needs
to use print.  I think the interactive interpreter should be taught with
that in mind.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom": Londo and G'Kar  --Aahz