PEP 214, extended print statement

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Aug 21 11:46:43 EDT 2000

In article <uwvhaucpb.fsf at cs.uu.nl>,  <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>As this should be as easy as print itself, buitin would be preferably.
>Moreover to stress the relationship, maybe println would be a better name.

println() works for me.  I don't see how making this sys.println() makes
it in any way difficult; by the time someone *needs* println(), zie had
better know how to import.  It's not like print is going away.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson