website python engine (slashdot)

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Thu Aug 10 08:20:51 EDT 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, jtoy wrote:

>  I was wondering if anyone is interested in helping me write a html
> website engine (or whatever you call it) based on the slashdot code
> written in perl that websites such as http://www.deadly.org and
> http://www.slashdot.org (There are at least 20 other sites).  My main
> reason for wanting to do this is to get some good hands on experience
> writing in Python (Im 18 yrs old and new to all programming) and I would

Hey Jason,

Python can definitely handle what you're talking about.. But before
you run off and build something like this, you might want to browse
through the web-modules list and see some of the great libraries that
are available, such as Chuck Esterbrook's webware
(http://webware.sourceforge.net) and my own weblib
(http://weblib.sourceforge.net/).. The list is at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/python-web-modules

Of course, if you want to use Zope, there's also:

http://www.zope.org/Members/butchland/Squishdot

Cheers,

- Michal