Dumb wxPython install question

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Thu Aug 10 09:14:26 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8mu3vu0vbi at news2.newsguy.com...
> Unfortunately, AFAIK, wxPython currently supports no 1.6
> release -- it has python15.dll hard-coded right in the build
> instructions, and other dependencies.  On a separate thread,
> you'll find my vicissitudes trying to build wxPython for 1.6b1
> (the beta release, not the alpha 1.6a2 you're using; you should
> upgrade to 1.6b1 now that it's out, but that's another issue).
> There seems to be a SWIG bug that stops it working with 1.6
> or later Python's, according to people who seem to know what
> they're talking about.

Bad news. In a matter of madness, i decided some days ago to build
the final visual programming environment, so i wanted to go with the
late-breaking things like Boa, Py1.6, PIL,NumPy and PyOpenGL for the
3D parts of it (yes, these days a new IDE should display the program
as a bunch of 3D structures. Don't tell me i'm mad, i don't like that.)

I feel like on a camping trip in Scotland in Winter. It'll keep me busy
sorting out how to build up the Python i need - maybe i'll return to
1.5.2 for now. Somebody already got a Python with the right kind
of batteries included out there?

(It's really time for a fat distribution)

--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de
dheise at debitel.net