How to create COM Servers with IID_IDTExtensibility2 interface

Christopher Paulicka cpaulicka at 8cs.com
Tue Aug 1 22:11:54 EDT 2000

Mark,

Shouldn't this be possible?  I know that Dolphin Smalltalk allows this?  And
the implementation within their VM doesn't imply any particular magic?

Of course, I'm not sure I could do it.  I just wanted to know why it was
difficult.

Does this mean, if I want to make an implementation of an interface for
callbacks into an existing system, I'll have to write a pyd that supports
that interface?

Christopher

"Penfold" <spam at spam.com> wrote in message
news:ZuRf5.504$_8.65728 at nnrp3.clara.net...
> Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote in message
> news:lWLf5.13002$4p3.101011 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > According to a very small demo I have downloaded from Microsofts
> > website,
> > > for a COM object to be used by excel as a COM Addin
> > > it must implement the interface IID_IDTExtensibility2.  I know the
GUID