Python and CORBA

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Wed Aug 16 20:16:58 EDT 2000

In article <e0pm5.479414$MB.7276133 at news6.giganews.com>, Christopher Browne
wrote:

>The folks working on GNOME have made a particular "design preference,"
>by default, to mandate a particular authentication approach when GNOME
>apps export functionality via CORBA.

This has nothing really to do with authentication measures.  There's no way
for a client to authenticate with the server if the IOR doesn't have an IIOP
profile to use to begin with.  But apparently that's a matter of enabling an
option or two in the config file.  ;)

>An forthcoming book (it's at the printers...) with which I'm
>associated has a section that discusses this matter...  Yes, edit
>/etc/orbitrc as needed...

Yup.  I haven't had the chance to do it, because I've been doing a lot with
PostgreSQL (same project, just different module of functionality).  But when
I return to the user interface aspect of it, I'll definately check things out.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447 | Official Channel Saint, *Team Amiga*
Samuel A. Falvo II	    |