Python and COBOL

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 28 22:52:36 EDT 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:42:41 -0700, "John W. Baxter"
<jwbnews at scandaroon.com> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

> I wrote a fair amount of COBOL (punched cards, and later glass TTY
> punched card images), and rather liked it.

	You can always pick up a copy of Prentice-Hall's "COBOL From
Micro to Mainframe" (Grauer; Villar; Buss). Comes with a non-optimizing
copy of the Fujitsu COBOL (including an IDE).

	Also has a version of Fujitsu's GUI COBOL (Scary... As if VB
isn't bad enough, writing VB style stuff in COBOL syntax?).