Advice - Learning Python as 1st Programming Language

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Aug 8 13:21:43 EDT 2000

In article <rDJj5.3660$KO2.96211 at typhoon.austin.rr.com>,
Desmond DSouza <<first> wrote:

>- Any way to embed Python in web pages, like JavaScript? Or would he
>have to learn 2 languages?

I recommend against the use of JavaScript on web pages.  Too many
browsers don't support JavaScript, too many people turn off JavaScript
because it's a security hole, too many incompatible versions of
JavaScript between browsers.

Just do server side programming with plain HTML.  Later on, if you want
to jazz up your web pages a bit, you can add some bells-and-whistles
with JavaScript -- as long as the JavaScript does not interfere with the
basic functionality of the web page.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

NOTE: end of September, Earthlink kills Netcom.  My new permanent address is
aahz at pobox.com.  I have not decided where to set my primary shell account.
Please do not send me e-mail condolences; my mailbox is already too big.