what kind of work do you do

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sun Aug 20 05:10:55 EDT 2000

sp00fD wrote:

> I was just wondering, of the people here that use Python at work, what
> kind of programming are you doing and what company?

I use it for:

1) various text processing and off-line data transformations.
2) web-related tasks (HTML extraction and generation; log file
processing)
3) newsgroup capture.  (When Deja bagged on providing its older
archives, I wrote a Python module--which I hope to share once it
matures--that captures the entire text of a newsgroup).
4) I hope to one day embed it in my DSP software tools to provide a
programatic interface to the data they now create via their GUIs.

that's-a-pretty-diverse-list:-evidently-python-is-a-pretty-handy
   -thing-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com