Still no new license -- but draft text available

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Mon Aug 7 23:35:37 EDT 2000

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I don't
> think that we agreed to release 2.0 with the same style of license.
>
> But either way, 2.0 would be subject to the 1.6 license because it is
> a derivative work.

Which, according to what we've seen of the 1.6 license,
effectively means that the 2.0 license has to include
all the 1.6 license terms, and maybe some of the exact
wording as well.

Would it be feasible to fork 2.0 from whatever was the
last version released under the old license? How much
would have to be redone?

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg