ANN: PyStream - a C++ stream emulation

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz
Tue Aug 22 21:55:24 EDT 2000

"Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote in message
news:gBFo5.8902$Xg.88755 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>    It is almost worth starting a Python 1.5.2 conservation society and web
> site to preserve Python at the height of its beauty when it had a good
> license and hadn't been line noised with augmented assignments and IO
> redirection operators. Pity 1.5.2 doesn't include Unicode support.

Am I the only person who sees an irony here?

This is the reason (well, one of the reasons) for feature-overloaded word
processors. Everybody wants a small, light, elegant word processor, and
everybody wants just one feature (a different one in every case) that the
small, light, elegant word processor doesn't have.

--
---
Mark Hadfield