MySQLdb, Linux, and Import Error

Ian Maurer ian_maurer at my-deja.com
Mon Aug 21 10:30:23 EDT 2000

I am just learning how to install software on my own linux box, so
please be kind.

I have installed MySQL. Works beautifully.

I then installed Python 1.5. Works beautifully, too.

I then tried to build the MySQLdb but it failed. I had to go in
and copy the MySQL include and lib directories to the spots the
make file was looking for them. Is this right or did I miss
something? The build.py then worked fine.

Then I tried to import the newly installed module but it failed...

python saying that libmysqlclient.so could not be found.

I am sure that I have my paths ill-configured... either Linux
or Python.

Please help me solve this (hopefully) simple problem,

Thank you,
Ian

enhance your DOS command line
http://hammer.prohosting.com/~pyguy